A Lapsed Fan

Whats this? a new Forest 24-7 blogpost. Wow.

Yes for the first time in what feels like a while I've fe;t that urge to write again. I used to blog so often, but the last days of Fawaz killed my enthusiasm. It just wasnt fun writing "everythings fucked" repeatedly.

I've gave up my season ticket a couple of seasons ago. That was mainly because of life, but the repeateded moving of fictures to midweek, with commuting back upto Yorkshire was just too tiring. Mortgages quickly swallow up that money.

Anyway, I try to keep as up to date as one, without actually being there every week.

So how can I write about the club if I'm not actually there. well f course I get regualr updates from those who do. I still know plenty of season ticket holders. That and Twitter. Ahhhh Twitter, for so long it was a great tool, and then it got inundated with dickheads who seem to value saying something daft and getting attention ahead of actual reasoned debate.

So I intend to keep trying to dip my toes into this again. (I am still paying for the URL afterall)

At the end of the day, as a fan sitting on the fringes these days, Forest appears to take on a soap opera style entertainment. The ins and outs of the team. Managerial merry go rounds (I'm not sure who was the manager when I last wrote), recriminations between fans, it's all rather ridiculous.

But I intend to at least get some thoughts down.

And if anyone fancies writing anything - completely unpaid of course then feel free to drop me a line on Social media. I rejigged my Twitter from the blog account to my own personal one these days, but hey ho, you'll suss out who I am.

Comments