In light of the build up to today's big game, Forest24-7 took the time to ask West Ham fan, Stephen Bradley, a few questions.
1. First things first then, how do you rate West Ham and your chances of promotion this season? Do you buy in to the hype of being favourites?
I think we have a fantastic chance. You look at our squad and we have the likes of Green, Cole, Nolan and Parker – for now at least – at our disposal. Without wanting to be too arrogant we have a Premiership team of players for this league and it should work in our favour.
2. What do you think to Big Sam? Was he the right choice?
I think he definitely was the best available. He got Bolton out this league almost ten years ago and stabilised them. That’s what we were desperate for.
Avram Grant had taken this club to the pits and had we signed the players Big Sam has done in January with him at the helm, I’d argue we maybe wouldn’t have gone down. The football might not be pretty but it’ll sure as hell get results.
3. West Ham has a magnificent squad at the moment for this division – one I’d argue would have kept you up last season. Who’s the man to look out for tomorrow?
Without a doubt Scott Parker! He’s become an England regular and we’re fortunate to still have him at the club. Obviously its look like he’ll be Spurs bound by this time next week but if he plays today, he’ll run the show.
4. If you could have any Forest player at West Ham, who would it be and why?
I’ll surprise you and say Chris Gunter. He’s one of few players when I see them who rarely plays badly and is by far the best fullback in the division. You guys are lucky to have someone of that class at your disposal.
5. West Ham has won both their away games upto now and have yet to concede on the road. Can you see this run continuing tomorrow?
Who knows? In my honest opinion no as we’re playing a side with a home record who’ve only lost twice in two years.
6. Apart from yourselves, which team do you consider to be the biggest threat in this league?
There are a few sides. Leicester is the biggest threat along with Forest. I also think Middlesbrough are the dark horse. So long as we’re in one of the three promotion spots by May, I don’t mind who else is up there with us.
7. Steve McClaren divides many opinions among Forest fans. As a fan of another club, how do you rate him as a manager?
If you had asked me this question 4 years ago, the answer would have been less than complimentary!
I think Steve is a great manager who, like Big Sam, has the experience of turning a club around and stabilising them in the Premiership. From what I’ve seen of Forest so far, you’re like us in regards to finding your feet with the new regime and players that have been put in place.
Stick by Stevie, I think you’ll be ok and any doubters should look at his CV as a manager.
8. Lastly, what do you reckon the score will be?
Gonna go with 1-1.