Forest Beat Leicester to Return to Playoffs

Forest succeeded in beating local rivals Leicester on Good Friday to move back into the playoff zone. It was a cagey affair on a warm sunny afternoon Trentside, but the Reds were victorious nonetheless.

3 times the Reds lead,the last ultimately being the vital winner. Forest went on to win 3-2 versus Leicester, but the Reds made vital errors when in the lead twice.

Billy Daves had changed the team up a little. An enforced change with Konchesky being suspended, saw Gunter in at left back. The midfield was also narrower. McKenna, Mousii and Cohen playing across the middle with McGugan in front of them, in a roving free role.

It took until 15 minutes for the first decent effort, by Lewis McGugan which went over. Not long after though and the Reds had the lead with a lovely goal by Tudgay. McGugan had driven a ball into the area which Tudgay glanced into the corner of the net.

The lead didn't last long. Leicester were quickly back in the match, with a goal from Oakley. Bad defending and richochets in the area led to Oakley powering in astrike that Camp could only get a hand to and turn onto the inside of the post and in.

Leicester and Forest then both had half chances after this. Efforts that probably could and should have been better. Tudgay shot wildly when apass might have been a better option, and Kamara had a good chance for Leicester at the back post.

The first half had probably even and the scoreline reflected this. The second half was a litte more open, reflected in the end result.

Forest retook the lead through Earnshaw. McGugan had shot from range, the shot swerved and Weale could only palm the ball out in front of him,with Earnshaw the fastest to react and took the effort into the net.

The lead lasted no time at all. Darius Vassell who came on a sub scored from close range after more sloppy defending. A free kick was pass outside and relatively unchallenged the ball powered across the face of goal, Gunter deflected the ball away from Camps hands where it was heading onto Camps legs and the ball bounced up to Vassell to score an easy open goal.

However, Forest would again take the lead. McKenna scoring the vital winner for Forest. The ball dropped to him around the edge of the area and McKenna volleyed at goal. The shot itself was quite tame, easy to save. However Weale made a howler and let the ball go under him into the net and hand Forest the 3 points.

3 points that are vital, and led to Forest going back into the playoff zone. Leeds would late draw with Reading, which meant Forest tsay in the playoffs due to goal difference. In fact that goal difference is 1. So McClearys consolation goal at Leeds is extra important.

Findley came on for Forest and showeda few glimpses of what we can expect.Pace and power in abundance are his primary weapons it seems. The whole team can be happy with the 32 points.

The crowd however at times were quick to turn on players, with McKenna getting a lot of unfair abuse and flack. It simply comesfom those who don't understand the veterans role and style of play. Always imploring forward play, McKenna will pass backwards and sideways when there is a pass on. Rather that then needlessly lose the ball.

Forest are back in the playoffs though. It is our spot to lose once again. Lets hope we keep it that way.